Monday, October 22, 2012

Matchbox Twenty Tour

North Tour - 21st October 2012
Supports: Evermore and Inxs

I was dying to get tickets to see Matchbox Twenty, but really couldn't afford the price, it was super expensive, however when tickets got marked to half price, I jumped at the opportunity and still managed to get great seats! Prior to going to this concert, I expected to know very few of their songs, however ended up knowing most of the songs they performed, which was very exciting! Having still getting amazing seats less than a week prior to the performance makes me wonder how many tickets were not sold at full price! This concert was amazing.

Vocals: I have never seen this band perform live so had no idea what to expect. The second Rob Thomas began to sing, oh my god! His vocal were perfect. Possibly the best live performance (not lip-syncing) vocals I have ever heard. Throughout the entire performance I could not get over how amazing singing. This made the concert so much more enjoyable. His voice is pure perfection!
Costumes: The band wore very much appropriate clothing to their band. Most wore skinny jeans of some sort and a t-shirt or button down shirt. As I was paying most attention to Rob Thomas throughout the performance, this is where I can give a rundown of what he was wearing. During the performance, Rob Thomas wore black skinny leg jeans with some sort of Adidas sneakers, and a red t-shirt for much of the performance. Between the main part of the performance and the encore, Rob Thomas changed into a black t-shirt. Both very nice if you ask me.
Stage: The stage I was obsessed with! It had stairs around the stage with various leveled platforms which had the musicians placed around it. The stairs and the platforms all lit up in different colours (mostly green, red and blue). The stage was visually really pretty and worked for the band. With Rob Thomas mostly wondering around the stage during the performance, he was able to make the most of the platforms available. I loved when the stage and the arena turned pink, this was super pretty!
Dancing: A band does not really dance. But Rob Thomas occasionally pulled the moves... This was very nice to see. He however kept wondering around the stage and keeping the crowd going and ensured they were all super into the performance.
Set List: The set list included many of the bands old and new songs. Although I did not know the names of many of their songs, it was exciting that I knew most of the songs they performed. The crowd seemed to be most into songs such as Unwell, How Far We've Come and She's So Mean. My personal favourite they performed was Unwell, this is because I love it when the crowd is so into the song and singing so loudly.
Crowd Interaction: A friend had told me the band does not interact a lot with the audience, I did not find this the case. The band interacted with the crowd as much as was necessary and included the crowd in singing parts of the songs, chatting with the crowd and general things like that. Although not a lot of crowd interaction, I felt it was adequate for the band.

Support Acts: We chose to skip seeing Evermore as we had seen them a little over a week ago with Maroon 5. Inxs were a must though, and boy do they sound amazing having been rocking out for so many years now! This band were amazing, I would definitely pay to see them again. Although a new singer now, he manages to fill the spot and do it well.



I easily rate this concert five stars out of five - the vocals from Rob Thomas were amazing!

Peace
ConcertGoer x

No comments:

Post a Comment