Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Human Nature - Las Vegas

Smokey Robinson Presents Human Nature - 24th February 2012
This performance had no support, Human Nature have a residency at the Imperial Palace, Las Vegas.

I had always had a soft spot for Human Nature, they have an amazing sound and the most incredible harmonies. 
We bought our VIP tickets as soon as they went on sale, we had a table that was right up against the stage, the most amazing seats, right in the centre of the stage. They may as well have sweat on you. Being so close to the stage, they kept eyeing me off during the entire show, I  had to make sure I was into it the whole time - it wasn't hard to do, they were amazing!!!!
Getting eyed off by four guys and feeling like I was getting serenaded by them all when Phil would look into my eyes and sing, sounds romantic right? It was so weird.
We did meet the four guys following the performance, I was so excited to meet Toby... He is my favourite. Yes, I did get a photo with him.
These guys are some of the nicest guys I have ever met, I would gladly meet them again!!

Vocals: These guys have the grestest live harmony I have ever heard. Their voices are near perfection. Easily heard and so strong. These guys have been performing together for many years, but their vocals never fail in their live performances.
Costumes: Four guys dressed in identical suits. I love it. Typical 'boy-band' way of dressing. They dressed appropriately to their motown style of performance. I loved all the different suits they wore throughout their performance. Great wardrobe choices!
Stage: A simple stage layout with moving signs up the back of the stage. This sign was the typical bright catch older style sign. It was very effective as a back drop to the performance. As the sign moved upwards, the back drop became black with many lights in the back of it - night sky like. It was very pretty! Stairs around the stage created a platform which was used a lot throughout the show for performance.
Dancing: The boys had limited dancing but their moves were very appropriate to their performance style and worked really well.
Set list: I will admit, I do not know many Human Nature songs, and I did not know many of the covers they performed. 'Baby I Need Your Loving' was the only song I really knew they performed. Most of the songs they did perform were all motown classics that they were able to put their own spin on.
Crowd Interaction: Human Nature interacted differently with the crowd to any American artist I have ever seen (with the exception of Pink). They came accross as typical laid back Australian guys. The beginning of the show they asked if there were any Australians there, us being the only ones they kept referring to us throughout. During the performance the guys ran accross the tables which were in line with the stage - including ours! Meeting them after the show was so good - although it was a little strange meeting such well known Australians in another country.





Overall I rate this perfomance five out of five.

Peace
ConcertGoer93 x

No comments:

Post a Comment